A l t a r G u i l d
- Fill 3 trays with wine and grape juice (the inner 5 cups of each tray should be grape juice).
- Place the trays on the credence table with the cover on top with cross facing the congregation.
- Place 1 loaf of bread and a handful of goldfish crackers on the paten (plate for bread).
- Place cruet with wine and chalice with wine on the altar along with the paten and 2 purificators (cloths used to wipe the chalice). The cloths are kept in a plastic bin on top of the refrigerator (in the sacristy).
- Place basket with a liner (we use small trash can liners) on the bottom shelf of the credence table.
- After the service, please refill empty wine slots so that the 9:30 service has 3 full trays. Set out another loaf of bread and keep unused bread underneath and refill goldfish crackers, if necessary. Replace soiled cloths and place a clean liner in the basket.
- Work together with the 9:30 person to make sure that everything has been set up (see above).
- After the service, take the cruet, chalice, plate, and linens off the altar. Take the trays and basket back to the sacristy.
- Pour out the wine from the common cup to the ground out side door. Also, throw out the used bread and goldfish crackers for the birds. If there is a full loaf of bread unused, re-wrap, and put back in the refrigerator.
- The unused wine in the individual cups gets put back into the bottle marked CONSECRATED, using the funnel in the cabinet above the sink. Once that is filled, fill any partially used bottle of wine. The grape juice always gets thrown away, we do not save it.
- Wipe the trays with a damp cloth and put back in the racks.
- Wash the chalice, cruet, and plate and put back in the cabinet above the refrigerator.
- Wash the funnel and wine/juice dispenser, and place on paper towel in cabinet above sink to dry.
- Take the soiled linens home to wash and iron. Soak in hot water in the sink with detergent until stains lift. You may also use OxyClean if you have it to soak them. Let them drip dry. Iron and press them using a Trinity fold so that you have a square.